What to know when transferring a Domain name?
Be prepared so your domain transfer goes perfect.
100% control on your web projects
This refers to everyone, no matter what hosting or domain provider you choose. Everything in one place simply makes it more efficient - complete control on all your services without missing a renewal date, ease of use with no multiple accounts and passwords and professional customer support with the answers you need. In any case, it ís worth transferring your domain name to your Hostinger account.
Before transferring your domain name, make sure of the following:
- It's been more than 60 days since the domain registration or last transfer.
- Domain is not in Pending Delete or Redemption status.
- You know domain's EPP code - the authorisation code that proves your ownership of the domain. You can get the EPP code from the current domain provider.
- Whois privacy protection is disabled.
- Your domain name is unlocked. Your domain provider can lock and unlock your domain, so connect to your account within the original domain provider or contact them directly.
Get started - Transfer now
Once you have everything you need, log-in to the Hostinger control panel, choose Domains -> New domain transfer and perform these 3 simple steps:
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer.
- Enter the EPP code.
- Confirm your transfer.
We hope you've found useful piece of information here and domain transfer process is clearer to you now. You can go back to main Domain Checker's page here.